UK & Ireland Charts
UK & Ireland Charts
January 08, 2014 05:49PM
Hi,

Do I need to purchase a separate copy of Uk & Ireland charts for each PolarView NS installation or will one copy cover all five?
Re: UK & Ireland Charts
January 08, 2014 10:45PM
A single order will provide UK charts for all your PolarView installations that are activated with the same activation code.

--
Polar Navy Support
January 24, 2014 10:08AM
Will that still be true when I have to renew my licence in a few weeks time? I assume that I now have to renew my licence from Chartworld directly.

You say elsewhere "User Permit uniquely identifies your chart viewer or navigation application software installed on a specific computer." So does that mean that I old become restricted to only one computer?

Is it still true that " NOTE: charts you buy continue working indefinitely after update period is over." although not able to get updates without a fresh licence?
January 24, 2014 01:52PM
PolarNavy UK charts are *not* sold by ChartWorld. They are licensed from UKHO and sold directly by us.

They are available for download on all installations that you activate with your activation code for a period of up to 1 year from the date of your order.

Once installed, these charts remain installed and continue working on the same system without any time limit.

--
Polar Navy Support

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2014 01:03PM by Polar Navy Support.
January 24, 2014 04:15PM
Thanks, But I still don't understand. You wrote on the page called ChartWorld orders unavailable: "We were just notified by ChartWorld that from January 1st, 2014 new orders of charts through PolarView NS built-in ordering system will no longer be possible. We expect that users with existing orders would be able to continue accessing updates for their charts. ... from January 1st your software will not be able to process credit card payments for ChartWorld’s charts."

I'm sure I can download UK charts until my two-year licence expires soon. But after that I must have to pay someone to renew the licence so that I can download future chart upgrades. So can I renew the licence through PolarView Chart Manager? Your post seems to imply that credit card payments for this can't be processed.
January 24, 2014 06:09PM
ChartWorld has no connection to our UK charts.

After 1 year you should be able to buy UK charts package from Polar Navy again, just like you did it previously.

--
Polar Navy Support

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2014 01:02PM by Polar Navy Support.
January 24, 2014 08:55PM
Thanks again. That's very reassuring. I was quite confused by that post on Tuesday, December 17th, 2013 about Chartworld - particularly because my Chart Manager comes up with Chart Source = Chartworld ENC Charts, so I assumed that you pass on orders through them as some sort of UKHO agent. Looking at the Chart Source button I now see that there is a PolarNavy ENC Charts choice as well. Maybe Chartworld came up on the button because I'd got a few charts from Chartworld before I bought PolarNavy, and installed them when trialling PolarNavy.
January 26, 2014 01:03PM
Edited - UK charts are available for download for a period of up to 1 year (not 2, apologize for the error).

--
Polar Navy Support
January 27, 2014 11:51AM
The licence for my charts has now expired. How do I renew it? You mention above that I 'should be able to purchase the UK charts package again', but I can't see how on the website.
January 27, 2014 03:16PM
Visit [www.polarnavy.com] , select second item on the list (United Kingdom charts download), and proceed with an order.

When ordering, make sure to use the same email address as the one you used for the original order. If you do so, new chart license will be applied to the same activation code you already have.

--
Polar Navy Support
April 06, 2017 11:48AM
Polar Navy Support Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> PolarNavy UK charts are *not* sold by ChartWorld.
> They are licensed from UKHO and sold directly by
> us.
>
> They are available for download on all
> installations that you activate with your
> activation code for a period of up to 1 year from
> the date of your order.
>
> Once installed, these charts remain installed and
> continue working on the same system without any
> time limit.

I got them with PolarView on 8th March 2013, and expect them to be available for life, even though not now the most up to date. I intend to update the charts eventually, but the charts that I use do not change often. I use them on a Mac (OSX originally 10.6.8 but now 10.9.5) and a Toughbook PC (Windows Vista). Recently I downloaded v3 of PolarView and installed it on both machines, and found that although the charts still show on the Mac, they do not on the PC. The Windows machine Chart Manager list has them as “Bad Permit” and in the Chart Permit Manager they are “Invalid”. Their S63 User Permit numbers are not the same on the PC as on the Mac. But they are loaded from identical ENC_ROOT folders on each computer. What can I do to get them back again on the Windows computer? And keep them active for life, which was my agreement with PolarNavy.
April 06, 2017 03:26PM
Charts continue to work indefinitely as long as user maintains the same installation of PolarView. However, upgrading a product, in particular between version 2.0 and 3.0, results in a new installation.

Upgrade to version 3.0 requires an account and a subscription. If you previously had an activation code for version 2.0, an account has been created for you. Using this account will ensure that you can continue using previously ordered S63 charts.

--
Polar Navy Support
April 11, 2017 12:10PM
Thanks for that. I'd forgotten to look in About Polarview and re-register. Now everything is back again, and I can sail away.
Please log in to post in this forum.

Click here to login