simrad gofree wifi 1
simrad gofree wifi 1
January 23, 2017 02:59PM
Hello,
I am new to Polar Navy and I am very happy with it.

Can i connect Polar Navy, on my computer, to my boat wifi via Simrad GoFree wifi1?

best regards
Jean Andre
Re: simrad gofree wifi 1
January 23, 2017 07:32PM
I am not familiar with that device. What is its purpose and what are you trying to achieve through this connection?

--
Polar Navy Support
January 23, 2017 10:35PM
Thank you for the prompt reply.
my boat has a Simrad Simnet with wind, speed, depth and gps and I am planning to install an AIS in the near future.
I also have a Gofree wifi1 (http://www.simrad-yachting.com/en-US/Products/NSS-Touchscreen-Navigation/WIFI-1-module-en-us.aspx) module to be intalled.
my objective is to be able to access this information on Polar Navy on my portable devices so even when I am off watch I can keep an eye on things.
It will also allow my wife and crew to monitor from their devices so the trip gets more enjoyable for everyone...
January 24, 2017 12:25PM
PolarView can access information in NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 formats.
- Information in NMEA 0183 format can be processed from either serial port or network interfaces.
- Information in NMEA 2000 format can, generally, only be processed through specialized gateway devices such as those produced by ActiSense.

I.e. if this device is able to provide data in NMEA 0183 format - you may be able to deliver this data to PolarView. You may want to check with Simrad to find out what data format is used.

--
Polar Navy Support
Please log in to post in this forum.

Click here to login