importing waypoints
importing waypoints
May 02, 2017 08:05AM
I created fifty waypoints on my desktop computer, and want to load these waypoints in my laptop that I use as a chartplotter on the boat.

I opened the route and waypopint manager, highlighted the list of waypoints, and hit save and created a file on the desk computer. I then email this file to myself, opened route and waypoint manager on the laptop and loaded the file. All the waypoints loaded, but they do not show up as icons on the chart.

How do I make the waypoints appear on the chart (on the laptop) the same way they look on my desktop computer?

Thanks
Re: importing waypoints
May 02, 2017 02:19PM
Waypoint visibility is controlled at individual "tag" (group) level. Imported waypoints are placed under a tag based on the imported file name. To toggle visibility for waypoints under a specific tag, in the left-hand side list of tags double click on the tag.

--
Polar Navy Support
June 26, 2017 02:32PM
Good info. On a related question, do you know of a way to import waypoints and designated anchorages, etc from Active Captain on my iPad? It befuddles me.
Thank you.
June 27, 2017 12:04PM
WRT exporting waypoints I would suggest asking on one of the AC forums - they are quite responsive and ready to help.
Once you have waypoints in a GPX file, you can import them into PolarView by following the usual process in the Route & Waypoint Manager.

--
Polar Navy Support
Please log in to post in this forum.

Click here to login