can't download charts in NS 3.0.3
can't download charts in NS 3.0.3
July 21, 2017 08:25PM
I changed laptops and updated to NS 3.0.3 msi. downloaded polar view and polar com. When I try to download charts (command + D) and click the 'select' option - - -I get no response and thus can't highlight the area I want to download. Can't navigate without charts. HELP?

Walt
Re: can't download charts in NS 3.0.3
July 22, 2017 01:27AM
Are you able to download charts by going directly to the "Chart Manager" -> "Downloads" tab, and selecting charts to download from the list?

--
Polar Navy Support
July 24, 2017 05:13PM
no, I seem to have a single map downloaded and cannot add modify from there
July 24, 2017 05:17PM
Must I repay to get charts through polarview? I originally had region 5 (east coast)
July 24, 2017 10:20PM
Downloading charts directly from PolarView using our servers requires appropriate subscription.
You can check your subscription status by logging into the account here: [www.polarnavy.com]

If your subscription is current - please let me know, and we'll go through additional steps to debug the issue.

--
Polar Navy Support
August 03, 2017 02:39PM
okay, my subscription was due to end this sept, so I re-upped til sept 2018. I am seriously in trouble. I can get the yellow 'select' box to show and 'find charts' sometimes gives me the correct list in chart manager. however, hitting download results in nothing.

alternate times - - after hitting select I get "authentication failed Check user name and password 10231

I really need live help

user name meyerwc@gmail.com
August 04, 2017 06:21AM
1. In PolarView open About dialog box and switch to Account tab

2. Re-enter your password, verify username (email address) and press "Login" button

3. Note any messages that appear at that time - post the content in your reply

4. Take a screen capture of PolarView About dialog box, Account tab (that shows "last login" and "access until"winking smiley and attach to this reply

--
Polar Navy Support
August 06, 2017 06:37PM
okay, so I opened Polar View thru the blue world icon.= (since your instructions were not clear enough) Obviously no such "about" dialog box. so I went to polar view in the polar navy web site and logged on. Saving a screen capture in this dialog box has been ineffective.
there are no messages, it shows recent update of purchase if I log in thru "email and password". it does not show recent purchase when logging in thru user name and password. God only knows why you have two differing portals.

might I offer that either I must get substantially smarter - - or you need to get much better at helping me.

how about real email, live chat, phone, anything but this. polar navy does not let me have multiple login simultaneously, so navigating thru the screens is poor.

remember my problem is error message "authentication failed Check user name and password 10231" when trying to download selected charts

should I just start a ticket with purchasing help instead of tech support?

Walt (C) 252-671-5163, meyerwc@gmail.com
August 07, 2017 01:43AM
"About" dialog box is found in actual PolarView application under Help->About menu (Windows) or PolarView->About menu (MacOS).

Please follow the instructions in the previous message to authenticate your copy of PolarView.

--
Polar Navy Support
August 07, 2017 11:35PM
no messages other then logon successful.
last login 07 aug 2017, access until 29 Dec 2030

polar view 3.0.1
S/N PNV-3454901569-03000001
windows 10

since I successfully logged in, I tried downloading. Still nothing after selecting and hitting download.

I could copy the Chesapeake charts directly from older download file from older laptop. where should I store them so polar navy finds them?
August 09, 2017 04:27AM
1. Could you please follow download instructions in section 2.4.1.1 "Downloading Charts from a List of Available Charts" of PolarView user guide (available here: [www.polarnavy.com])

2. PolarView can use charts installed in any location on your system. After adding charts to PolarView, please do not delete them and do not move to another location on the system.

--
Polar Navy Support
Please log in to post in this forum.

Click here to login