Won't Install
Won't Install
December 01, 2017 05:21PM
I had PolarView installed, a 2.0.x.x. version. Tried to update the POI database but couldn't. Downloaded the PolarView-3.0.4.msi file and ran it. Nothing happened. Ran it again, and got the options: modify, repair, uninstall. Tried repair. PolarView wouldn't run. Uninstalled it, and then ran the .msi file. It's installed but I get an error - see attached file. Tried running as administrator but no luck.
Attachments:
open | download - Error.pdf (29.5 KB)
Re: Won't Install
December 01, 2017 11:07PM
- What version of Windows are you using?
- Could you please attach a screen capture showing directory contents for "c:\Program Files\Polar Navy\PolarView NS"

--
Polar Navy Support
December 02, 2017 12:25PM
W7.
Attachments:
open | download - Polar Navy directory.pdf (39.2 KB)
December 02, 2017 12:26PM
Sorry to bother you. I rebooted my PC; it works now.
December 02, 2017 12:36PM
Now, when I open PolarNavy, I'm asked for userid and pword. It won't accept my input. I have an account as I'm logged in now. I tried jreyn1944 as well as my email address.
December 02, 2017 01:39PM
PolarView 3.0 licensing has changed.

Please see the following article for additional information: [support.polarnavy.com]

If you have existing PolarView 2.0 installation, they should continue working. If your activation code has activations remaining, they can be used to activate additional copies of PolarView 2.0.

If you download and install PolarView version 3.0 you can:

1. Pay for the annual subscription to both use PolarView and built in chart download for 1 year. This includes both vector and raster charts of the US waters, as well as GRIB data.

2. Pay for the unlimited subscription to use PolarView without a time limit. As a courtesy, this option includes US chart and GRIB downloads for 1 year. With this option you would need to obtain and manage charts on your own after the initial year.

You can always download and use US free vector and raster charts directly from NOAA.

--
Polar Navy Support
December 02, 2017 05:51PM
Thanks you. I went for #2.
Please log in to post in this forum.

Click here to login