Error Downloading specific charts and missing charts in Severn Estuary
Error Downloading specific charts and missing charts in Severn Estuary
February 01, 2018 04:44PM
1) I have downloaded all U.K charts that I have paid for except I keep getting the error: 'Error downloading...' for charts GB51827A and GB50806B (see attached picture).

2) There also seems to be a chart missing for the Severn Estuary meaning a passage through the Severn Estuary is not possible. There is only a tiny chart visible for a tiny area (see attached picture).

3) I also wanted to check what the feature is on the chart that looks similar to a pie chart. It is the visible arcs of the lighthouse but I can't understand why it would show at this scale and I am wondering if it is related to the missing chart for the severn estuary (see attached picture).

Other than that I have been very impressed with the software.
Attachments:
open | download - Screenshot (52).png (118.4 KB)
open | download - Screenshot (50).png (400.5 KB)
open | download - Screenshot (51).png (130.7 KB)
Re: Error Downloading specific charts and missing charts in Severn Estuary
February 01, 2018 10:31PM
1. Charts GB51827A and GB50806B have been discontinued in the most recent (October) update from UKHO. Our chart set was updated but index file was not, hence you still saw them in the download list. It has been corrected now.

2. Specific coverage questions are best directed to UKHO. We resell charts provided by them, subject to license and within the general UK chart area. If a certain area is not covered, it is likely that they do not provide a chart for that specific area.

3. You are seeing light sectors rendered for a light at that location. Light sectors are shown based on their scaled size, which in turn is based on visible light distance as encoded in appropriate chart. It seems like a large scale (smaller area) chart encodes a light with a very large sector distance, which causes it to be rendered.

--
Polar Navy Support
Please log in to post in this forum.

Click here to login