UK tides
UK tides
February 11, 2018 03:29PM
I purchased the Polar Navy license to use UK charts. In the promotional literature you advise you support tides and currents which is clearly a requirement for any tidal area. I understand now from your support forum that you do not support UK waters with tides and currents. Therefore there I am afraid I have little use for Polar Navy which is a shame - can you please refund the licence fee I have paid as the product does to delivery what I need or is promoted
Re: UK tides
February 11, 2018 03:44PM
PolarView is a navigation software, and as such supports tide and current information. It is primarily user's responsibility to provide chart, tide and other data for the software to display. We are not a chart company, and do not produce or maintain chart or other data.

As a convenience to users, and at cost of licensing from the source, we provide built in downloads of chart data for areas where such data can be obtained from other issuers (NOAA, UKHO).

I do not believe that any of our literature advertises UK tide or current data availability. If you see otherwise - please post a link to the web page here.

For product refund please submit a support ticket here: [support.polarnavy.com]

--
Polar Navy Support
Re: UK tides
February 12, 2018 10:37AM
Thanks for coming back so quickly. However on your home page you say "built in tides and currents" this would suggest your software supports tideland currents regardless of location. I am really sorry it does not work because I was really looking forward to using an Apple product to do my navigation and planning
Please log in to post in this forum.

Click here to login