Vector Chart files being deleted
Vector Chart files being deleted
April 09, 2018 03:20AM
I have purchased and got access to the Polar Navy ENC UK vector charts until 23/09/2018 and the first time that I download and install the charts they appear fine. However, as soon as I close PolarView NS and then re-open, the vector charts are not available and I have to reload them. In chart manager it says the files are missing. Looking in the chart directory, all the .000, .001 etc. files have been removed. As PolarView NS closes, a small dialog box appears momentarily saying "cleaning up", which may relate to the deletion of these files?

I used to be able to download the vector charts, load them into PolarView NS and they would always be there. I take the laptop out sailing where I have no internet access and so I can't download the files when I am out on the water. But even when I do have internet access I seem to have to download the vector charts everytime I start Polarview NS.

Any ideas please?
Re: Vector Chart files being deleted
April 09, 2018 02:38PM
Could you please do the following (requires screen shots, assumes you are using Windows version):
1. In the Chart Download dialog select a specific single chart from the "Polar Navy" list, (let's say GB400737)
Take a screen capture of the entire Chart Manager at this point (including the download directory) and attach here.
If the complete name of the download directory is not visible in the dialog - please paste it in your reply separately.

2. Download the selected chart. Switch to the "Charts" tab, find the new chart, double-click to recenter and make sure it is visible.

3. At this point, without closing PolarView, in Windows explorer open the download directory, and under it follow into ENC_ROOT/GB400737 (the location of the ENC chart files). Take a screen capture showing the file list with dates and sizes.

4. Exit PolarView. Refresh the directory view above (if files are being deleted, they should disappear from the subdirectory). Take another screen capture of whatever remains in the subdirectory. If you find that the entire subdirectory GB400737 no longer exists - please let me know.

--
Polar Navy Support
Please log in to post in this forum.

Click here to login