View or not View Waypoints
View or not View Waypoints
August 14, 2018 08:33PM
Is there a way to toggle Waypoints to display or not display? Thanks, John Reid
Re: View or not View Waypoints
August 16, 2018 04:05PM
Waypoint visibility is toggled by tag. In the Route & Waypoint manager, Waypoints panel double click on any tag (name in the list on the left hand side) to toggle its visibility. Tags that are visible will have an arrow (">"winking smiley on the left hand side of their name. Any waypoints found under that tag will be toggled visible or hidden on the map.

Note that waypoints stored under multiple tags will continue to be visible as long as any of the tags they belong to is visible.

--
Polar Navy Support
February 04, 2019 01:57PM
I'm probably overlooking something simple, but I'm not able to toggle the [All] Waypoints tag to display / not display all waypoints. I can toggle all other tags (double click) just fine, but when I try to do so with the [All] tag nothing happens; it stays in "undisplay" mode (no >winking smiley.

Thanks,

John Reid
February 04, 2019 03:18PM
The global "All" tag cannot be individually toggled. We would like to encourage users to manage their waypoints by placing them in meaningful groups.

--
Polar Navy Support
February 05, 2019 03:20AM
Is there another way, then, to display all waypoints? Thanks.
February 05, 2019 02:32PM
Waypoints must be placed in a custom user-created group to be visible.
You are welcome to select all waypoints in the list under the group "All" and add them in bulk to another group.
Please note, that doing so may result in reduced rendering performance if the number of waypoints is very large (where large depends on your hardware - a modern desktop/notebook can normally handle several thousand).

--
Polar Navy Support
February 05, 2019 03:09PM
Bingo! I had missed that a tag could be added in bulk to a custom group. That did it.

(BTW, I only wish to display all waypoints temporarily, so I can visually see which ones I no longer need and delete them. This does the trick.)

Thank you!
Please log in to post in this forum.

Click here to login