Cannot Reload Chartworld Canadian Charts
Cannot Reload Chartworld Canadian Charts
December 18, 2018 09:50PM
I have upgraded to a Surface Pro and downloaded and installed latest PolarView-3.0.7. Renewed NOAA downloads and downloaded latest RNC & ENC charts with no issue.

I attempted to manually install previously installed Chartworld Canadian Chart from an April 2015 directory. When I select the April 2015 directory with "Add Directory" Polarview acts like it is "adding charts cells" but the Canadian Charts do not appear in Chart Manager.

When I attempt to "Manage Protected Charts" and "Import S63 Permits", I get "Unable to read permits from Permit.TXT". I'm wondering if my "S63 User Permit" has changed with the new PC and Polarview download?

Please advise.

VHPittman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2018 11:06PM by Polar Navy Support.
Re: Cannot Relaod Chartworld Canadian Charts
December 18, 2018 11:05PM
You should be able to check your user permit vs. the one in the original order, if you still have the order files - ChartWorld usually includes user permit for which the order was generated in a text file in the order (I believe "upermit.txt" ).

If you are using PolarView 3.0 or above and either:
- your previous version of PolarView was also 3.0 or above, and was activated with the same account
- your previous version of PolarView was 2.0 and your current PolarView account has been created using your previous version 2.0 order/activation code data
Then - your user permit should be tied to your individual account and should remain constant. This is done as a convenience to our users, and in light of the fact that PolarView is designed for individual use.

If your previous version of PolarView was version 2.0 and/or you are using a different account now - your user permit will be different on a different system.

If you'd like to discuss account specific information - please submit a support ticket by following a link for "Account Support" at the top page of our support site.

--
Polar Navy Support

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2018 11:16PM by Polar Navy Support.
Please log in to post in this forum.

Click here to login