NV Charts
NV Charts
April 05, 2019 11:04AM
It appears as though my new NV Charts for Europe will not work with Polar Navy. My NV Charts for the Caribbean work great.

OpenCPN has a plugin for the new chart security format. Am I just missing a plugin or something? I've been using Polar Navy for 8 or 9 years now, and I love it. I'm in Antigua getting ready to cross the Atlantic, and my charts won't work.

HELP... please!
Re: NV Charts
April 05, 2019 10:39PM
PolarView supports charts in S57, S63 and BSBv2 and v3 formats. NV charts, to the best of my knowledge, use their own proprietary encryption. This encryption was never supported by PolarView, as it requires a license and proprietary code from the chart issuer.

--
Polar Navy Support
April 06, 2019 09:21AM
I've been using NV Charts of the entire Caribbean in Polar Navy for the past 3 years. They do require a license. It has been several years since I installed the charts, and I cannot remember where I entered the code. So... y'all supported the charts and didn't know it, apparently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2019 09:22AM by datswite.
April 06, 2019 09:53AM
It is technically possible for any chart issuer to create charts in one of the common supported chart formats. However I am not aware of NV charts doing so at any time.

--
Polar Navy Support
Please log in to post in this forum.

Click here to login