Missing charts
Missing charts
May 24, 2019 02:41PM
I just tried to log on and have not got any charts showing on this MacBook Pro laptop, they still show OK on my other Mac laptop. I tried to apply using the code I have J4ME-J2F2-V6D7-L4D4 that shows in the box but it didn't allow me to put a chart back on. Why have I lost the charts please? Is there an expiry date on them but if so why are they still on my second laptop.
I'm on a MacBook Pro running Mac OS 12.1.1 Mojave.I paid and downloaded and it has been working on both laptops for few years, but when I opened Polar View today the charts had just gone. As I said they are still on my other laptop so how have they vanished from the other?

Regards Alun Davies
Re: Missing charts
May 24, 2019 09:13PM
Could you please attach a screen capture showing Charts Manager window, Charts panel and Downloads panel (including the location of chart download directory).

--
Polar Navy Support
May 25, 2019 04:23AM
Is this the info you are after

Regards Alun
Attachments:
open | download - Screenshot 2019-05-25 at 07.18.12.png (968.2 KB)
open | download - Screenshot 2019-05-25 at 07.21.43.png (939.7 KB)
May 25, 2019 09:05AM
- For the Charts tab screen capture - could you please either expand the window to show all columns, or scroll the view to the right, and take a second capture.

- For the directory name shown in "download path" in Downloads tab:
Open that directory in Finder, make sure Finder view is in a list mode, and attach a capture as well.

--
Polar Navy Support
May 25, 2019 10:39AM
I have attached the charts expanded as you asked but I don't have Vuze Downloads in the path on Finder. The folder just doesn't have it though it's the specified Download Path in Polar View. I searched Finder and there is no Vuze Downloads folder anywhere unless it's hidden.

Regards Alun
Attachments:
open | download - Screenshot 2019-05-25 at 13.30.53.png (1.17 MB)
open | download - Screenshot 2019-05-25 at 13.30.53.png (1.17 MB)
May 25, 2019 10:49AM
I just checked my other laptop and it shows correctly in Finder on that one

Alun
May 25, 2019 03:51PM
It appears that the folder that contained the charts has been removed. You may want to check any existing backups to see if you have a copy of that data.

Alternatively, you can transfer charts from another computer and re-add to PolarView.

As an aside, "Vuze Downloads" seems to be a common folder name for one of a bittorrent clients. You may wish to create a separate folder to be used for PolarView charts. That way, if another software product removes its folder for any reason, it will not affect PolarView.

--
Polar Navy Support

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2019 03:52PM by Polar Navy Support.
May 25, 2019 05:23PM
Thank you very much I found the folder in a backup and restored it and now Polar View is working again. Thank you very much for your help, any idea why it was deleted as I hadn't been near it in Finder?

Alun
May 25, 2019 08:35PM
Can't say why it was deleted. As PolarView does not contain file deletion functionality, it would have to be something external to it.

--
Polar Navy Support
Please log in to post in this forum.

Click here to login